Thursday, September 22, 2011

In memory of the Northern Red Oak.....exposure test

LIFT, the Liaison of Independent Film maker's of Toronto, has asked me to make a film as part of their 30th anniversary celebrations. I've got a couple of months to finish the film before the screening happens, and so I've decided to do a little animation film, which I will begin shooting on the 3rd of October.

Last year I witnessed the chopping down of a Northern red oak, in Queen's park, Toronto. It inspired me to tell the story of that tree. I have done a little exposure test using an Oxberry camera shot on 16mm film, and today I got to see the footage projected. It is a wonderful opportunity to be shooting on film once again, and it's super exciting. The people at LIFT have been so very helpful! Here's what the test looks like.

No comments: