Thursday, December 19, 2013

Next phase of my life.



I have come here to reflect for a bit on the next phase of my life. I began my life as an artist in 2004 - I mean painting for a living. It's 10 years now, or getting there and it has been a great journey. No one said it would be easy, but I have managed to live my life doing things that I love to do and trying to earn an honest living through my paintings.

The last 10 years have given me an opportunity to get involved in issues that are meaningful to me. I got involved with World Literacy of Canada which took me to Varanasi to work with the women and children there. I have been involved in Liza's school in Goa for over 20 years. I got to volunteer with the Homeless Shelter, downtown Toronto for about 3 years and have recently been introduced to Tribal communities in central India. This has all happened in varying degrees through my art.

So now I'm ready to focus my energies with renewed verve and involve myself further in issues and causes that are meaningful to me.

No comments: